- Super Bowl champion (LVI)
- NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year (2014)
- All-Pro (2015, 2016)
- Pro Bowl (2014–2016)
- PFWA All-Rookie Team (2014)
- He is the only player in the Super Bowl era with two seasons of 1,000+ receiving yards in 12 or fewer games. (Season 2018, 12 games at 1,052 yards)
- In 15 games, Beckham finished a season with career highs of 1,450 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns
- New York Giants Franchise Records: Most receiving yards in a season, Rookie: 1,305; Most receptions in a season, Rookie: 91; Most receptions in a game by a WR
- In 2016, started in all 16 games and finished with 101 receptions and 10 touchdowns
Unleashing the Beast: The O'dell Beckham Jr. Phenomenon and the Path to Athletic Greatness
O'dell Cornelious Beckham Jr. is a renowned name in the realm of American football. Born on November 5, 1992, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Beckham's football journey began early. His talent was honed at Louisiana State University, where he showcased his skills and determination. His exceptional performances didn't go unnoticed, eventually landing him a spot in the 2014 NFL Draft. Picked in the first round by the New York Giants, his professional career set off on a promising note12.
Beckham is not just known for his game but also for his physical prowess. His breathtaking skills, combined with impeccable control over his game, have set new standards in the sport3. His agility, speed, and strength on the field are a testament to his rigorous training routine and commitment to his sport. These attributes have helped him earn his place as one of the top wide receivers in American football.
O'dell is currently circulating through the news from being spotted with a Kardashian. Which one you might ask? Well, he's been seen with Kim Kardashian. Some are speculating there might be something going on between the two stars. Granted, both of incredible physiques.
Achieving a physique like Beckham's and matching his performance levels is no easy feat. It requires a well-balanced diet, a consistent and challenging workout routine, and an unwavering dedication to the sport. While natural talent plays a part, it's the relentless hard work and perseverance that are the real game-changers. Aspiring athletes looking to emulate Beckham's success must be prepared to commit to the same level of discipline and hard work.
Odell Beckham Jr.'s Fitness Regime: A Comprehensive Guide to Achieving an NFL-Ready Physique
Odell Beckham Jr., a renowned NFL player, maintains his physique through a rigorous workout routine. His workouts are diverse and can range from a quick 30-minute session to an intense three-hour regimen, as mentioned in Men's Journal1. A significant part of his training includes strength training exercises such as pull-ups, dumbbell bench press, dumbbell reverse fly, hammer curls, lateral raises, single-arm dumbbell bench press, and single-arm medicine ball exercises2. Incorporating these exercises into your workout could help you build strength similar to Beckham.
Beckham's fitness routine goes beyond just strength training. He is known for his functional, full-body moves like the single-leg RDL, which focuses on maintaining tension while hinging at the hips3. Another unique exercise in his arsenal is the Split Squat Parallel Pass, which works the core and hips4. Beckham stresses the importance of perfecting the craft by running as many routes a day and catching as many balls as possible5. For fans looking to emulate Beckham's fitness, incorporating these functional movements and sport-specific drills would be essential.
However, achieving a physique like Beckham's isn't just about physical training. Diet plays a crucial role as well. Despite being known for his child-like eating habits, Beckham has incorporated exercises like Reverse Lunge Split-Jumps, Pull-Ups, Tennis Ball Drill, and Medicine Ball Slams into his regimen6. Therefore, to attain a similar physique, one must not only follow a rigorous workout routine but also maintain a balanced diet, ensuring adequate nutrition for muscle recovery and growth.
NFL Ready Fitness Program: Look & Compete Like O'dell Beckham Jr.
Here's a week-long fitness program inspired by O'dell Beckham Jr.'s training routine. Remember, it's essential to warm up before starting any workout and cool down afterward. Always listen to your body and adjust the intensity according to your fitness level.
Day 1: Upper Body Strength
- Pull-ups: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell bench press: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell reverse fly: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Hammer curls: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Lateral raises: 3 sets of 15 reps
Day 2: Lower Body Strength
- Single-leg RDL: 4 sets of 12 reps each leg
- Split Squat Parallel Pass: 4 sets of 10 reps each leg
- Reverse Lunge Split-Jumps: 3 sets of 15 reps each leg
- Calf Raises: 3 sets of 20 reps
Day 3: Sport-Specific Drills
- Route running: 1 hour
- Ball catching drills: 1 hour
- Agility ladder drills: 30 minutes
Day 4: Active Recovery
- Light cardio (jogging, swimming, cycling): 45 minutes
- Stretching and yoga: 30 minutes
Day 5: Full Body Workout
- Medicine ball slams: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Kettlebell swings: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Burpees: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Plank: 3 sets of 60 seconds
Day 6: Sport-Specific Drills
- Route running: 1 hour
- Ball catching drills: 1 hour
- Speed and quickness drills: 30 minutes
Day 7: Rest Day
- Rest is crucial for muscle recovery and growth. Stretch or do some light yoga if you feel like it.
Fuel Your Body Like O'dell
Remember, maintaining a balanced diet is equally important to support your workout routine and muscle recovery. Please consult with a fitness professional before starting any new workout program.
Odell Beckham Jr., a renowned athlete and football player, is known for his exceptional physique and athletic ability. Achieving a similar physique requires not just intense physical training but also a carefully designed diet plan. According to Men's Journal, Odell follows a high-protein, low-carb diet that fuels his rigorous workouts and aids in muscle recovery. He includes lean proteins like chicken, turkey, and fish in his meals, along with plenty of green vegetables for necessary vitamins and minerals. Whole grains are also an integral part of his diet as they provide the required energy for his high-intensity workouts1.
A high-protein, low-carb diet can be particularly beneficial for an athlete like Odell Beckham Jr. This is because protein is essential for muscle recovery and growth, which is crucial for an athlete who engages in intense physical activity on a regular basis. Consuming sufficient amounts of protein can help to repair the muscle damage that occurs during workouts, promoting faster recovery and aiding in the development of stronger, leaner muscles. On the other hand, limiting carbohydrate intake can help to optimize fat burning and prevent excess fat storage. This is key for athletes like Beckham, who need to maintain a lean physique for optimal performance. Furthermore, a low-carb diet can also enhance metabolic flexibility, enabling the body to switch more efficiently between using carbohydrates and fats as fuel, which can be advantageous during long-duration sports.
In addition to a balanced diet, Odell also emphasizes hydration. He reportedly drinks at least a gallon of water each day, which helps him stay hydrated during his strenuous training sessions. Hydration is crucial for athletes as it aids in maintaining body temperature, lubricating joints, and transporting nutrients to give you energy and keep you healthy2.
However, nutrition is just one aspect of achieving an athletic physique like Odell Beckham Jr. Regular exercise, particularly strength training and cardio workouts, are essential to build and maintain muscle mass. Odell works out five days a week, focusing on functional exercises that enhance his agility, speed, and power. Remember, everyone's body responds differently to diet and exercise, so it's important to customize your routine based on your specific goals and needs3.
High-protein, low-carb recipe inspired by the diet of Odell Beckham Jr.
Grilled Lemon Herb Chicken with Steamed Broccoli
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- Fresh herbs (like rosemary and thyme)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large head of broccoli
- First, prepare the chicken. Squeeze the juice from the lemon into a bowl. Add the chopped fresh herbs, salt, pepper, and olive oil to the bowl and mix well.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bowl and make sure they are covered with the marinade. Let them sit for at least 30 minutes, or for best results, marinate overnight in the fridge.
- While the chicken is marinating, cut the broccoli into florets and steam until tender. You can do this in a steamer basket over boiling water, or in the microwave with a little bit of water.
- Preheat your grill or a grill pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken breasts and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Serve the grilled chicken with the steamed broccoli on the side.
This dish is high in protein from the chicken, has healthy fats from the olive oil, and is packed with vitamins and minerals from the broccoli. Plus, it's low in carbs and aligns with Odell Beckham Jr.'s diet plan. Enjoy!
Achieving a physique similar to Odell Beckham Jr. requires dedication, discipline, and a strategic approach to both fitness and nutrition. As an NFL athlete, Beckham follows a rigorous training regimen that pushes his body past its limits, involving workouts that can range from 30 minutes to three hours12. His exercises focus on enhancing agility, speed, and power, critical elements in his sport. When it comes to nutrition, Beckham's diet is high in protein, carbohydrates, and micronutrients while limiting fat intake3. This balance fuels his strenuous workouts and aids in muscle recovery. To emulate Beckham's physique, one must prioritize high-intensity functional exercises, lean proteins, and a wealth of micronutrients while maintaining adequate hydration. Remember, achieving such a physique is not just about the physical effort but also about consistency, recovery, and a well-rounded approach to health and wellness.